Saturday, March 19, 2011

Science and Surgery of Deep Disease-the EFA's 2nd Annual Scientific Conference

ENDOMETRIOSIS 2011: the Science and Surgery of Deep Disease-
the EFA’s 2nd Annual Scientific Conference.

Click here to learn more: http://www.endofound.org/medicalconference

Thought I would give you a quick update of the convention.
I was able to watch most of it Friday, March 18th, 2011 live stream and hear doctor's from all around the world.
Over all, it was very encouraging and it continues all weekend.  The videos will be posted on the foundations web site.  They proved that a women does not require a hysterectomy but that surgery (to remove the endo implants) is the only option at this point. 

Dr. Seckin (who is my Dr. in New York) was suppose to be on yesterday's agenda, however, they ran out of time.  However, in the few minutes he had,  he suggested to the doctors that they develop teams for advanced surgery.   For example; GYN surgeon, GI surgeon, general surgeons, Urology etc - depending where the endo has spread to. He believes the GYN Doctors should lead the team as endo is a GYN issue.  This is great news as it will also give exposure to doctors in other fields. 
I am confident that Dr Seckin and Dr. Cook will take my case.  However, we need additional qualified surgeons to jump on board. 

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had known this was streaming live! I will have to go and take a look at the website to see if the videos are up to watch now.

    http://myendometriosisandinfertilityjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments or endo story...please share here.